Attorneys at Law
About Our Firm
- Patrick, Miller and Noto
was establised in 1985 in Aspen,
- PMN now has offices in three
- PMN is one of the only law firms
in the US to practice exclusively in
the field of water rights, water
supply planning and water resource law.
- The firm is rated AV as a member of the
Preeminent Bar of Martindale Hubbell.
- Maximize and protect water
resources while reducing treatment costs.
- Ease the burdens of infrastructure.
- Expand and conserve our clients'
natural and financial resources.
- Provide the highest level of
legal services available.
- water rights law
- water resource & wastewater planning
- water quality law
- wetlands & aquatic endangered species
- infrastructure planning
- basin planning and meditation
- privatization of resources and infrastructure
- water transfers and marketing
- interstate water allocation and transfer
- general stream adjudications
- Indian water rights
- PMN has offices in Aspen, Basalt, Denver,
Scottsdale and Tulsa.
- PMN has a multi-jurisdictional
practice with members of PKMN
licensed in Arizona, Colorado,
Montana, North Dakota, Oklahoma
- Increasingly, PMN is often asked
to serve firms as special counsel
in other states and abroad.
- PMN develops long range supplies
and plans for water and wastewater
providers. We understand water right
development, infrastructure financing,
utility rate theory, water and wastewater
planning issues and options for
water and wastewater utilities.
- PMN is versant in planning and financing
infrastructure upgrades ensuring regulatory
compliance and growth compatible with
land use planning goals and the financial
means of a community.
- Ski resorts development presents unique
water right and water quality considerations.
- Peak demands need to be satisfied when
stream flows are at their lowest, requiring
careful utility and environmental planning.
- Ski resorts are near the top of watersheds
in areas usually of pristine environmental
settings, making familiarity with the political,
environmental and utility aspects of water
and wastewater development a necessity.
- We have a unique understanding of demands,
restrictions and available supplies for the
- PMN has secured water supplies for many
major golf course design firms. We fully
understand the special water right and water
quality demands of golf design.
- Water right acquisition, resource structuring,
and the creation of operating plans that are
responsive to ambient water quality goals for
groundwater protection are our signature traits.
Tribal Water Rights
- PMN has extensive expertise in tribal water
rights and federal reserved rights. We develop
broad based solutions respecting American
Indian history and the impacts to tribal culture
- real estate developers
- ski and golf resorts
- industry, municipal entities
- energy companies
Water Resource Development
- Water resource development involves the
identification, analysis and implementation
of water resource plans to meet client goals.
- We assist the land use planning team,
engineering consultants and project finance
team in planning and development of the
water resources necessary for a viable
- Water resource assessment is an essential
requirement of any due diligence analysis
of a project or its financing.
- PMN's experience shows that water
planning is best approached on a long
range and basin-wide approach.
- Understanding the interplay between surface
geology, groundwater hydrogeology, water
diversion, treatment, distribution and
wastewater collection and treatment enables
us to establish long range planning for clients
that few firms can match.
PMN develops water supplies and provides
broad permitting expertise for:
broad permitting expertise for:
- Hydroelectric generation (traditional and
- Oil and Gas E&P (hydro-fracturing supplies
- Solar (Concentrated Solar Power Steam
- Geothermal (Hot rock exchange and liquid
- Biomass, Bio-Fuels & Ethanol (Water supplies
for heating, cooling and processing).
- PMN has endangered species act
expertise throughout the consultation and
- Our expertise with the aquatic environment
translates to a unique understanding of a
depletion issues, mitigation planning and
- PMN has extensive experience in
Section 404 wetland issues.
- PMN offers a unique understanding of the
interplay between Federal permitting issues
and State water right considerations.
Water for the future
- In the next twenty years, 117 billion U.S. Dollars
(USD) will be spent on wastewater infrastructure
in the United States alone.
- Worldwide, the anticipated costs over this period
are expected to exceed one trillion USD.
- The singular test for world leaders and providers
will be planning solutions for a growing water
scarcity and demand for wastewater treatment.
Currently half a billion people suffer from a
scarcity of water and an estimated one billion
suffer from unsafe drinking water supplies.
- Two out of the world'd six billion people suffer
from inadequate waste water infrastructure.
- PMN is acutely skilled and positioned to assist
in all the challenges of water rights and related
- PMN's exclusive and concentrated expertise
provides the edge.
email@example.com or call (800) 282.5458