About Jason Groves:
- J.D. with Honors, University of Tulsa College of Law, 2013
- Sustainable Energy and Resources Law Certificate
- Notes and Comments Editor, Energy Law Journal
- Student Editor, ABA Section of Environment, Energy and Resources Year in Review
- John and Hazel Rogers Memorial Scholarship
- CALI Awards: Water Law and Administrative Law
- B.A. magna cum laude, University of Oklahoma, 2005
- Major: Political Science
Presentations & Publications :
Responding to Drought: The Colorado State Legislature Enacts Multiple Water-Related Bills in the 2013 Session, 17 WESTERN WATER LAW & POLICY REPORTER 262 (July 2013).
Oklahoma Supreme Court Issues Writ of Mandamus for Ex Parte Communications Made After the Arbuckle-Simpson Aquifer Maximum Annual Yield Proceeding, 17 WESTERN WATER LAW & POLICY REPORTER 250 (June 2013); also published in 8 EASTERN WATER LAW & POLICY REPORTER, 181 (June 2013).
Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission Mandates Statewide Groundwater Sampling and Monitoring Near Drilling Sites, 17 WESTERN WATER LAW & POLICY REPORTER 170 (Apr. 2013).
U.S. Supreme Court to Hear Two Interstate Water Compact Disputes: A Preview of What’s to Come, 8 EASTERN WATER LAW & POLICY REPORTER, 67 (Mar. 2013); also published in 17 WESTERN WATER LAW & POLICY REPORTER 159 (Apr. 2013).
U.S. District Court of Colorado Vacates the Forest Service’s 2012 Interim Directive and Upholds Ski Area Controlled Water Rights…For Now, 17 WESTERN WATER LAW & POLICY REPORTER 112 (Feb. 2013).
Professional Licenses and Affiliations:
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy and Resources
- Colorado Bar Association, Water Law Section
- Energy Bar Association
- Roaring Fork Conservancy
- Oklahoma Chapter of Trout Unlimited, Vice President (2011-2013)
Selected Professional Experience:
- Summer Associate, Crowley Fleck PLLP (Billings, MT)
- Law Clerk, Riggs Abney (Tulsa, OK)